Your lawn and garden should be a source of pride and beauty. You don’t have to spend lots of money on expensive items. A little common
If you’re lucky enough to have a lawn with a good topsoil base, much of the hard work of keeping a lawn beautiful is already done for you. But many of us do not have this luxury, and besides, eve with a good topsoil base, you still have to work hard to keep a beautiful lawn and garden.
- The best time to mow a lawn is when it is cool and dry. Wait for the morning dew to dry off, and before the afternoon heat takes hold. Alternatively, late afternoon or early evening following a watering in the morning is also a good time.
- A hedge is a much better boundary divider than the fence. It will provide better privacy and keep pets and children in – or out. It will attract birds to its shelter, and provide a great backdrop for plants and flowers.
- Bring the beauty of your garden to you; plant gardenias near walkways and doors. Their magnificent perfume will
swamp the air and make your garden really come alive.
- Add your garden to non-garden items, such a lampposts and mail boxes. Surround these items with flowers plant to take advantage of the earliest to the latest flowerings. You could also surround the posts with rocks to provide added interest.
- Simple, but effective weed control can be achieved on you lawn by mowing often. This will prevent weeds spreading by eliminating the blossoms and preventing seed formation. Mow high during late spring and early summer. This will allow grass blades to shade the ground, and will help prevent weeds from sprouting.
Your lawn and garden should be a source of pride and beauty. You don’t need to spend lots of money on expensive fertilizers and herbicides, or fancy lawn ornaments. A little commonsense and thought can go a long way to making your lawn and garden a much better place.
Enjoy your lawn and garden!
Dino Turf Team